Sales Development Representative
Outbound Calling - Cold Emailing - Appointment Setter
Xtropy has 18+ years of experience strategizing and implementing Google Ads campaigns for our clients. Our small, remote team of experienced experts in digital and search marketing helps our clients determine how to best achieve their goals. As strategic partners, we have built long-term relationships with our clients and are proud to be part of so many of their success stories.
As an SDR, you will be the initial face of Xtropy. As such, we need the best of the best representing our organization. You’ll be tasked with nurturing prospects via cold email and calling in order to ultimately book a discovery call with our campaign team.
As a virtual (remote) position, strong performers in this role will be:
- Independent thinkers
- Someone that welcomes rejection and input
- Capable of repetitive tasks
- Empathetic and patient
Use prospecting strategies to lead initial outreach to prospects
- Support the sales team to acquire and grow a strategic pipeline of clients
- Identify the needs and challenges of the prospective client
- Navigate corporate organizations to find the decision-maker
- Identify business growth opportunities for our prospects and consumers by using our core advertising products
- Collaborate with a number of internal stakeholders to maximize long-term success of these newly acquired customers
- Create compelling presentations and match digital advertising solutions to customer needs
- Work closely with the on-boarding team to help service new clients
- Conduct initial outreach to target prospects via email and phone
- Schedule discovery meetings for sales representatives and prospects
- Manage to a quota of at least three booked discovery calls each week
- Manage internal pipeline and CRM systems to assist in progressing prospects down the sales funnel
- Interact cross-functionally with the Xtropy teams and contribute to the overall business development goals of our organization
- Be a pleasant human
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Excellent communicator
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical skills
- Proven ability to achieve and exceed targets
- Thrive in a fast-paced team where flexibility is critical
- Ability to speak in English fluently
- 3 years of relevant work experience involving telemarketing and/or outbound sales, customer service (preferably in new business acquisition or advertising)
- Advanced familiarity with Google Ads and digital marketing is a must. Google Ads certification(s) are strongly recommended.
- In-depth familiarity with an industry or vertical will lead to more informed and confident conversations with our prospects. What industry do you know well?
- Ability to work directly with C-suite leadership and decision-makers–both internally and externally.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (with a heavy emphasis on listening)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex analytical concepts to an executive audience
- Knowledge of business processes and organizational structures
We estimate the position requiring 20-40 hours per month. The compensation will start with a combination of both salary and commission with the goal to transition to 100% commission over time.
If interested, please follow the very specific directions below in order to be considered for an interview:
Attach your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your subject must read SALES DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATIVE. In addition, your email must include the following in order to be considered for an interview:
1) An example of a time when you succeeded after experiencing a period of rejection
2) What motivates you to succeed and why
3) If finances were not an issue where would you live and why?